To make a step change towards resolving the noise and vibration challenges in the Shift2Rail agenda, TRANSIT project will:
- Reduce rail vehicle noise certification lead time and costs, and lower operator’s track occupation requirement for testing by providing accurate virtual certification tools,
- Reduce the need for a TSI-compliant track by developing and demonstrating accurate separation and transposition techniques,
- Derive a more precise and better-founded definition of acoustic requirements for equipment suppliers, reducing time and cost,
- Improve source quantification for noise mapping and a more accurate assessment of noise abatement measures.
- Enable lighter vehicles, thus lower energy consumption, while maintaining high levels of interior acoustic comfort.